Legal & General Bursaries
All Legal & General Bursaries have now been awarded. For other funding opportunities, please visit our Funding & Awards page.
Now in its fifth year, Legal & General and Brighton Fringe have joined to encourage homegrown talent in Brighton & Hove.
Bursary Winners 2014
- Kevin Eldon and Some Colleagues - Comedy
- Something Wholly Inappropriate - Comedy
- Dr. Martin and Mr. Ade - Comedy
- Jack and the Beans... Talk - Kids & Youth
- Just So! - Kids & Youth
- Tin Can Stories - Kids & Youth
- Waterghosts - Music
- Chaos Carousel - Music
- Sahaja Yoga Presents: Sacred World Music - Music
- Skirmishes - Theatre
- Company by Stephen Sondheim - Theatre
- Twenty To Something - Theatre
What does this mean?
- 12 bursaries will be awarded to 3 events in each of the following categories:
- Comedy, Kids & Youth, Theatre, Music
Each bursary consists of:
- A free registration
- Additional profile in the Brighton Fringe brochure
- Additional marketing and publicity generated to promote the scheme and those that have qualified through e-newsletters, the website and media coverage
Why are Legal & General sponsoring this scheme in 2014?
Legal & General are an insurance company that wish to encourage local work by financially supporting risk taking as a way of nurturing the artistic community of Brighton and Hove.
You will qualify for a bursary if you meet the following criteria:
- You complete your registration while bursaries are still available
- You are a Brighton and Hove resident (BN postcode)
- You are registering one event in Brighton Fringe (this can have multiple dates)
- You are registering your event in ONE of the eligible categories
How to apply for an L&G bursary?
No need to apply! The selection is automatic and works on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you qualify for a bursary, complete the online form with the details of your confirmed event as early as possible.
How do you know if there are any bursaries left?
You are always welcome to ask whether there are any more bursaries available and double check if your event qualifies.
When will you find out whether you've got a bursary?
On completing the registration form the system will recognise whether you qualify and award you a free listing.
You can read the bursary Terms and Conditions here.